Our year-long reading challenge is back—Read 2022. Move beyond the authors, genres, and formats you typically read. Get outside of your comfort zone and have fun with your reading list.
We have selected 12 book challenges for this year and will reveal one challenge each month. One winner in each age group will be chosen monthly in a randomized drawing. Will you accept our challenge?
Get more information and book recommendations for each month’s challenge below:
January: TBR (To-Be-Read)
February: All We Need is Love
March: Into the Wild
April: Delicious Reads
May: A to Z
June: True Story
July: Judge a Book By Its Cover
August: Get Graphic
September: Latin America
October: 20th Century Reads
How to participate:
- Check our Shelf Analysis blog, social media pages, or library newsletter for our current monthly reading challenge.
- Read a book from our suggested titles on our blog or choose your own book that fits the month’s challenge.
- Participate in any month that interests or inspires you—this event is flexible.
- When you complete a month’s challenge, log your book on Beanstack or stop by any Ascension Parish Library location to fill out a printed reading log.
- For each challenge completed, you will earn one chance in our monthly drawing.
- One entry per person per challenge.
- One winner in each age group will be chosen monthly in a randomized drawing.
- Check our newsletter to find out the monthly prizes.
For more information on this program, contact the Ascension Parish Library in Donaldsonville at 473-8052, in Gonzales at 647-3955, in Dutchtown at 673-8699, or in Galvez at 622-3339.