Have you made your reading resolution yet? Ascension Parish Library is here to help with the Read 2021 Challenge. This year-long reading challenge is an opportunity to move beyond the authors, genres, and formats you typically read, get outside of your comfort zone, and have fun with your reading list. We have selected 24 book prompts for the year and will reveal two prompts each month. You can participate by reading a book from one or both of the categories each month. Will you accept the challenge?
Reading Challenge Categories:
- January: Read a book by an author you’ve never read. *Suggested titles*
- January: Read a book set in Louisiana. *Suggested titles*
How to participate:
- See above for the monthly reading challenge categories and use the links to find suggested titles.
- Read a book from our suggested titles or choose a book that fits one or both of the monthly categories on your own.
- Participate in any month that interests or inspires you. The program is flexible.
- When you complete a month’s challenge, enter your book on our Beanstack website, https://myAPL.beanstack.org, or stop by any Ascension Parish Library location to fill out a print reading log. Each completed challenge category will earn you one chance in our monthly drawing.
- Each library location will hold monthly drawings for $25 Amazon gift cards to be given out to winners in each of the following age groups: Youth (ages 0-12), Teens (ages 13-17), and Adults (ages 18 and up).
- Kids and teens can also visit any Ascension Parish Library location to pick up a monthly completion prize.
- Kids: Receive a sticker book when you turn in your first reading log. Earn a different sticker for every reading prompt you complete. You can collect up to 24 stickers throughout the year!
- Teens: Earn a different button for every reading prompt you complete. You can collect up to 24 buttons throughout the year!
For more information on this program, contact the Ascension Parish Library in Donaldsonville at 473-8052, in Gonzales at 647-3955, in Dutchtown at 673-8699, or in Galvez at 622-3339.